Thursday, February 3, 2022

Author Interview Finding your true north

 

social icons-01.pngsocial icons-03.pngsocial icons-04.png

Cara North-Contemporary, Paranormal, Sci-Fi

September North- All YA for mature readers

Echo North- Fantasy

Tonya Nagle, PhD- Non-fiction 


Everything can be found at: www.creativewritingwithdrnagle.com


INTERVIEW WITH CARA NORTH


What was the first story you ever wrote? (Unpublished or published)
The first story I ever wrote was in elementary school. It won an award, but it is long lost in things I did not get to keep from my childhood. I wrote lots of stories in school, got in-school suspension for a romance I wrote in high school. Then I wrote a book in about 4 journals that eventually turned into a version of the first book I typed up for publication, The Art of Ethan, which did eventually get published, and since getting the rights back, I have republished. 

Why did you want to become an author? 
I have stories to share and think people would enjoy reading them. 

What is your favorite treat when you are writing? 
Soda.

Do you have any writing rituals you do to get in the mood? 
Nope. Just open whatever file I am working on and get to it. 

Is there any type of scenes you shy away from writing about? 
Not really, but I have no interest in writing historical because I don’t think I am up for that level of researched detail. 

What is a genre you don’t currently write but would like to try? 
Aside from actual horror and historical, I am down to write. 

Why do you write in the genre you currently write in? 
Most of my ideas come to me as romances. I’m not a romantic person, so it is usually a surprise to people who know me, but then I remind them Stephen King isn’t a murder, yet no one is surprised about that. Lol. 

What is the most difficult hurdle you’ve had to get over while writing so far? 
When the small press/minor imprints from publishers began collapsing. I had books that had been published, but were now without homes and had to learn to do it all myself. 

What is your dream for your book? (Ie: movie, in big box stores, etc)
I would love to see my YA series, The Drummonds as a Netflix series. 

Who would you have play your main characters if you could pick anyone in the world (dead or alive)? 
So many characters, but Jake Gyllenhaal is my muse, so he would need to play someone for sure. 

What is your favorite coffee/or tea? Depends on my mood. 

What would you put in a cocktail that represents your latest release? Cherries. My latest release is Cupid Wore Dog Tags, a military anthology, so something sweet and Valentine appropriate. 

A fire alarm goes off in your home. What are the first 5 things you grab? 
My animals. Everything else is not alive (except my spouse who better be on get the cat duty). 

 Do you use a spoon or fork to eat macaroni and cheese? I’ll use my fingers if that is all I have. 

What are you currently binge watching/or listening to? I create playlists on my Amazon Music and my iTunes to go with my books. 

What do you think is the perfect girls’ night out? 
Going out to eat somewhere, catching up. It is one of the reasons I enjoy attending Literary Love Savannah each year. I get to go out with readers and authors and eat at great places in downtown Savannah every year! 

When you were little what was your favorite toy that you took everywhere? 
I always had something to write with and on. Even as a little kid, I had notebooks, pens, and pencils. 

What is something your readers don’t know about you? That I have a TikTok account that I am going to do better posting on! LOL. I have a challenge to post every day in February, so…fingers crossed. 

Who is your favorite all time author? Do you own any of their books? 
My favorite of all time author? JD Salinger? Poe? I don’t think I have one favorite, but yes I have their books. Lots of books. 

If you could interview anyone in the world who would you choose? And Why? 
My muse, Jake Gyllenhaal because he is my muse and I think it would be awesome to interview him.


1 comment: