Monday, February 21, 2022

Presenting Romance Author Birdy Rivers



Birdy Rivers is an award winning author. She was born in NJ and now resides in GA with her family. She has been writing since her teens and professionally writing since her mid twenties. When she isn't writing she is raising her twin girls and spending time with family and friends. Before Birdy became a full time Author and an Editor she worked as a Medical Assistant. She enjoys reading, the outdoors, gaming, and music. Music and writing have served as therapeutic measures for her depression and anxiety. Birdy is huge mental health advocate and often features the struggles of mental health in her stories.


Connect with Birdy


Facebook


Instagram


Tic Tok @authorbirdyrivers


Amazon


GoodReads






MEET THE AUTHOR


1.         What was the first story you ever wrote? (Unpublished or published) It was called the Wolf’s journey to the moon. I wrote it in college. I’m not even sure where the story is now.

2.         Why did you want to become an author? I love writing and it’s very therapeutic to me. I started writing to help cope with depression, anxiety, and PTSD. I also have a huge imagination and love stories. I combined the two and one thing led to another.

3.         What is your favorite treat when you are writing? Chocolate or pretzels

4.         Do you have any writing rituals you do to get in the mood? Listening to music that inspires the story I’m currently working on.

5.         Is there any type of scenes you shy away from writing about? Not really. I’m willing to try something at least once. You never know unless you try.

6.         What is a genre you don’t currently write but would like to try? Science fiction

7.         Why do you write in the genre you currently write in? I love paranormal and fantasy romance. It’s so fun for me to explore different myths, lore, and mythologies. There has always been this level of magic and imagination that draws me to those genres.

8.         What is the most difficult hurdle you’ve had to get over while writing so far? I struggled a lot with writing sex scenes at first not because I don’t like them because I totally do, but because it felt awkward to me at first. It was something I had to get past mentally, but once I did, well the sparks fly now.

9.         What is your dream for your book? (Ie: movie, in big box stores, etc) I’d love to see my books end up on bestseller lists. I also think it would be cool to see someo of them turned into a show or a movie.

10.       Who would you have play your main characters if you could pick anyone in the world (dead or alive)?  That’s a bit hard. I’ve only used a few famous people to model my characters off of. If my books ever get turned into a film or show I definitely want to be a part of the casting process.

11.       What is your favorite coffee/or tea? I drink both. Coffee in the mornings usually and I drink iced tea during the day.

12.       What would you put in a cocktail that represents your latest release? Definitely tropical flavors as the beach is featured a lot as i

13.       A fire alarm goes off in your home. What are the first 5 things you grab? My kids, my phone, my notebooks, my brother's baseball caps, and either hubbys pistol or laptop.

14.       Do you use a spoon or fork to eat macaroni and cheese? Depends on the noodles used, but usually fork.

15.       What are you currently binge watching/or listening to? The Good Doctor.

16.       What do you think is the perfect girls night out? A nice dinner with drinks followed by the book store or a rock concert.

17.       When you were little, what was your favorite toy that you took everywhere? I had a few over the years, but I had a scooby doo body pillow that I had into my 20’s till it sadly got stolen.

18.       What is something your readers don’t know about you? I’m a singer and used to want to be on broadway.

19.       Who is your favorite all time author? Do you own any of their books? I have many authors that I love and I’m not sure I can name just one, but I do own their books.

20.       If you could interview anyone in the world who would you choose? And Why? I’d probably pick one of my favorite musicians because music has always been a huge part of my life since I was a kid. 





No comments:

Post a Comment