Thursday, February 10, 2022

Hallmark + Steam = Author April Berry

 APRIL BERRY

Romance Author




April Berry is a romance author born and raised in Georgia. She still resides there with her husband, son, and daughter. When she's not creating steamy fun stories with happy endings, she loves to bake, read, and sneak off to her favorite winery with her friends! She also loves snuggles with her various fur babies and binge watching series! 

Connect with April!!










INTERVIEW WITH THE AUTHOR!


 

1.       What was the first story you ever wrote? (Unpublished or published) When I was in elementary school, I wrote a story called The Neighbor about two best friends who lived next door, then one moved away. The teacher paid with her own money to have everyone’s book made into hardback. Sadly, that was destroyed in a flood in 2005! It wasn’t really published but to a seven year old, it was the next best thing!

2.       Why did you want to become an author? I’ve always loved writing. It’s cathartic and giving. I love sharing stories so that others may feel connected or relatable.  

3.       What is your favorite treat when you are writing? I drink a ton of ice-cold water when I write! And I absolutely must have gum in my mouth. I don’t really eat while I write because I get in the zone!

4.       Do you have any writing rituals you do to get in the mood? I find a few songs on YouTube to help set the tone of the scenes for the day, fill up my water tumbler, turn the ringer off on my phone, and get comfy. I should probably turn the Discord and TT notifications off on my computer too because I can get easily distracted!

5.       Is there any type of scenes you shy away from writing about? I never say never, but right now I don’t have the mental space for any death scenes.

6.       What is a genre you don’t currently write but would like to try? Women’s Fic. I’m obsessed with my HEA but I have ideas swirling that don’t involve any romance. But it’ll be a while before I try to flesh those out.

7.       Why do you write in the genre you currently write in? I love all things love, romance, and happily ever after. The world is full heartache so I don’t want to add to that!

8.       What is the most difficult hurdle you’ve had to get over while writing so far? Imposter Syndrome! No matter how many good reviews you get, one bad one can really get in your head!

9.       What is your dream for your book? (Ie: movie, in big box stores, etc) I would love to see Love, Again made into a Netflix film! It’s like Hallmark but with steamy bits, so it would be better suited for Netflix! Overall, I just enjoy readers enjoying my books, however that may be!

10.   Who would you have play your main characters if you could pick anyone in the world (dead or alive)? I’ll use Love, Again as an example again here. I would say Kate could totally be played by Kristen Bell and Boyd should be played by Paul Wesley!

11.   What is your favorite coffee/or tea? Coffee! Gimme all the coffee!

12.   What would you put in a cocktail that represents your latest release? Captain Morgan, warm with a tad of spice to it, but smooth going down!

13.   A fire alarm goes off in your home. What are the first 5 things you grab? Assuming living things aren’t included, I would grab these in no particular order 1. My phone 2. My laptop 3. My purse 4. My Kindle 5. Mascara

14.    Do you use a spoon or fork to eat macaroni and cheese? Typically a fork, but whatever gets it to my mouth is fine with me! I like to eat!

15.   What are you currently binge watching/or listening to? My recent binge was season two of The Witcher. And I’ve been binge listening to the Etherya’s Earth Series by Rebecca Hefner on audiobook!

16.   What do you think is the perfect girls night out? A girls night in! I’d rather be at my house or a friend’s house with a spectacular charcuterie spread, wine, and silly shenanigans!

17.   When you were little what was your favorite toy that you took everywhere? I didn’t have one, does that make me weird? Weirder?? lol

18.   What is something your readers don’t know about you? Gosh I’m a pretty open book. But I don’t know if I have fully explained how I have a half-uncle and cousins that live in and are from Norway that we discovered just several years ago! And my cousin could be my twin!

19.   Who is your favorite all time author? Do you own any of their books? Nora Roberts and Bahahaha do I own any of her books…of course. So many!

20.   If you could interview anyone in the world who would you choose? And Why? Kelly Clarkson. She just seems so down to earth and fun! I would love to shoot the breeze with her over drinks and just ask random silly things about her!



No comments:

Post a Comment